Managing all your family’s memories can be overwhelming. All those photos, videos, art projects, hand-made cards and childhood milestones creates a huge and ever-growing pile of stuff to organize. Arkiver is here to help. Our mission is to make the role of managing your family’s memories one you look forward to rather than dread.
Arkiver is like a digital journal for life – a place to easily collect, organize, share and enjoy all of your family’s best memories. Here are 6 ways it can help families like yours…
1) More than just photos: As a parent, it’s natural to want to keep everything our kids create – from the macaroni necklace your daughter gave you for Mother’s Day to the award-winning short story your son wrote in 6th grade. Typical photo sharing sites restrict you to uploading photos and maybe videos. Cloud storage services, like Dropbox and Google Drive, support documents and other file types, but aren’t user friendly for organizing, sharing and enjoying family memories.
With Arkiver, you can upload and enjoy files of all types:
- Audio Recordings
2) Powerful and easy organization: With traditional storage options, trying to organize memories into folders can be like banging square pegs into round holes. Do you put that video of your daughter’s first dance recital in a folder based on when it was taken, a folder just for her memories or one just for dance pictures? Arkiver’s storage options are far more flexible with Collections and Tags making organizing memories a breeze.
- Collections: In Arkiver you can assign moments to multiple collections without making multiple copies. For example, add those pictures of your daughter’s performance to a collection just for her, a collection for “Kid’s Performances” and a “Family Sharing” collection that is shared with other family members so they can see her perfect plie too. The pictures will also appear in “All Moments” which contains everything in your Arkiver collections.
- Tags: The tagging and filtering functionality that Arkiver provides makes organizing and finding items incredibly easy. Date and location tags are automatically detected from the file metadata when you upload a moment and you can also add your own people and other tags. For example, you could tag that dance video with your daughter’s name, “dance” and “plie”. Finding it later is super easy, as you can filter your moments by any combination of date range, person tag, location, moment type and other tags to quickly find what you’re looking for.
3) Security and privacy: Before the Internet, you rarely worried about the privacy of your kid’s photos. If you didn’t show them to anyone, the pictures were pretty much guaranteed to never be seen. Nowadays with social media, it’s harder to control who can see photos and videos of your kids. With Arkiver, all your moments are private unless you choose to share them and even then they can only be seen by those people you specifically share them with.
4) Sharing & group collaboration: How often have you wanted a photo from a family vacation or event that someone else took with their camera? Arkiver makes it easy to share and collaborate with others in a secure way. When you share moments or collections in Arkiver, those moments can only be seen by those you share with. This is great for one-way sharing but what about when you want to combine pictures from the same event? Arkiver Groups enables multiple people to contribute moments to the same collection. For example, you could create a “Family” Group containing collections for family events and vacations. Members you invite as collaborators can add their own pictures, notes, quotes and comments so between you all you can create a complete record of the your child’s birthday party or the family reunion at the beach.
5) Tools of the trade: Arkiver provides access to a variety of tools that can help you capture and enjoy your family memories:
- Storyteller: Want to get your kids involved in creating and preserving family memories but don’t know where to start? Arkiver’s Storyteller tool provides questions like “Who was your favorite teacher?” and “What is your perfect meal?” Capturing the answers your kids give to questions like this can be fun to look back on and enjoy as they grow older.
- Flashback: This simple tool enables you to revisit those old family photos and memories with the push of a button!
6) Printing services: While digital photos are great, nothing replaces physically holding a memory in your hands. That’s why Arkiver offers a wide variety of printing services. The Print Center offers many options to print pictures, photobooks, canvas prints, and more. Easily create a memory book for each year of your child’s life or use these tips to capture the perfect family photo and print the portrait.
So that’s just 6 of the ways Arkiver can help you better manage your family’s memories. Try the Arkiver web app at www.arkiver.com or mobile apps from iTunes and Google Play to discover other ways Arkiver can work for you and your family!